Wednesday 17 March 2010

Electrostatic Precipitators...

...is the fancy term for a type of industrial dust collection system, I'm thinking of changing my middle name. When I arrived home from the gig at the arts centre last night (which was really good fun by the by) I suddenly realised I was drunk, at this point it seemed like a good idea to go about manically filming dust falling on my useless little Fuji digital until 2am. The results are, predictably, a bit rubbish but it does give me a sense of what I might be able to capture with a decent camera and proper set up.


I've also been taking advantage of the lovely SLR's at uni to try and get some images of dust that have a kind of ethereal quality, I guess I'm trying to see if I can distract from the fact that the dust is ultimately dead cells, hair and other human waste. We are normally disgusted by it.


Also....I NEED YOUR DUST! If you could provide me with a sample of dust/general detritus (see; hoover bag) from around your home for my collection then that would be grand, simply email me your address to efhirst@gmail.com and I'll send a stamped and addressed envelope for you to put some dusty stuff in.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=372289093516&ref=nf

No comments:

Post a Comment