Saturday 24 April 2010

Field Trips.

Spent yesterday going to Cromer to help with Bryony's project on journeys and trains. It's very odd what journeys remind me of. Such as spending the first year of my degree going back and forth between Cambridge and Norwich, feeling like two seperate entities, two different lives. By the end of that year I had memorised every station announcement, I knew all the prices for the AMT coffee stand by heart, I'd spoken to an average of 4-5 strangers a week on each journey. It felt as if I had cried, shouted, laughed, slept, worked and day dreamed on every train in those two stations. This is what I thought of as we sat watching the platform slip away yesterday.

I took some dust with me, a sample from a Miss Celia White as it happens (thanks Celia). It seemed interesting to put a natural material back into a natural environment and it looking completely out of place....




No comments:

Post a Comment